Are you ready to make a career out of your driving skills? Nova Driving School’s got you covered with our Public Chauffeur Programs! Licensed by the City of Chicago’s Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP), Nova aims to provide our students with a first-rate public chauffeur education, by ensuring Chicago receives chauffeurs literate in Chicago geography and chauffeur rules, well-mannered and respectful towards the city’s diverse population, available and accessible to passengers with disabilities, and maintains safety on the road through safe, defensive driving.
Prospective new students can join our Taxi Unrestricted course (licensed for Taxicabs and Livery vehicles), or our new Livery Restricted course (licensed for Livery vehicles such as limousines or those used for black-car services). Start your journey today!
Students must be eligible to obtain a Chicago Public Chauffeur’s license. Full details can be found on the city’s BACP website, including this step-by-step process/checklist. Minimum Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Must be over 21 years old.
- Must have an active, permanent Driver’s License from a U.S. State, in good standing. Temporary Licenses for Non-residents do not qualify.
- Must have at least one year of driving history. Any history with a Temporary Visitor Driver’s License (TVDL) does not count.
- Must have an active Social Security Number (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, or ITIN, does not qualify).
- All above qualifications must result in the student having both their social security number, and permanent driver’s license, for at least one year.
- Must provide documentation proving qualifications for the Chicago Public Chauffeur License, including, but not limited to: certificate of program completion, fingerprinting background check, motor vehicle record, debt clearance from the City of Chicago.