- Search 20-30 seconds ahead, to the sides and behind for information that could help you plan a path of travel.
- This will help you avoid potential hazards even before they arise.
- How assertively you search, and how much time and space you have, can eliminate or reduce the impact of an accident.
- Look for escape routes in case your path of travel is blocked.
- Search for:
- Oncoming traffic that may turn in front of you
- Traffic coming from the left and right
- Traffic approaching from behind
- Hazardous road conditions