Good vision is essential for road safety.
- If you can’t see properly, you can’t drive safely.
- Most driving mistakes are caused by bad habits in the way drivers use their eyes.
- You need different kinds of vision to be able to drive safely.
The different kinds of vision include:
a. Distance Vision
- You have to be able to see clearly to drive safely.
- Even the simplest reactions can take a half-second.
- If your distance vision is poor, you may not see hazards until it’s too late to react.
- The faster you travel, the less time you have to see things and react to them.
- Poor distance vision and excessive speed can have disastrous results.
- Distance vision can also be affected by the state of your windshield and side windows.
Tip:Keep windows clean and free of dust and scratches in order to see well on bright days and at night.