- An RV’s height poses another concern – limited vertical clearance under bridges and other structures.
- Some RVs might be too tall to clear low bridges.
- As a result, an RV’s driver has to pay attention to signs indicating the clearance height when approaching a bridge.
- If your vehicle is too tall to clear, turn around safely and take a different route to your destination.
- Time and Space
- When driving an RV, give yourself more time and space to navigate through traffic.
- Maintain a longer following distance, travel through turns slowly, be aware of vehicles that might be in your blind spots, and take frequent breaks to avoid fatigue.
- By remaining focused and aware, you can minimize the risks to you, your passengers, and to others when driving an RV.