- Children are vulnerable as pedestrians.
- They lack the judgment and experience that teenagers and adults have regarding traffic safety.
- Children might chase a ball, enter an intersection and chase their friends into the street without checking for cross-traffic or realizing the consequences.
- When driving, exercise caution around schools, school playgrounds, parks, and other areas where children gather.
- Be ready to reduce your speed in residential areas and school areas.
- Exercise caution when backing out of a driveway or crossing a sidewalk in Drive or Reverse.
- Come to a complete stop and check for traffic before crossing the sidewalk.