Trucks and Large Other Vehicles
- Large trucks will make wide turns at intersections.
- In order to avoid striking the curb when they turn, drivers of large trucks sometimes will swing left before making a right turn.
- Never try to drive into the space on the right side of a truck when the truck is making a right turn.
- Because of a semi-truck’s weight (approximately 80,000 lbs.), semi-trucks will take longer to stop than passenger cars.
- If you pass a semi-truck, make sure to leave enough space between you and the truck. In case of a sudden stop, the truck won’t collide with the back of your car.
- Don’t return to the right lane until you can see the truck in your rearview mirrors.