- Drivers should exercise care when encountering certain pedestrians on the road. These include a pedestrian who:
- Has a guide dog
- Has a white cane
- Is using a wheelchair
- Or other assistive device.
- Pedestrians on the sidewalk or on the road have the right-of-way
- Joggers and walkers should use sidewalks and paths when such paths are provided.
- When walking on the road, joggers and walkers should face oncoming traffic and be alert for cars.
- In addition, pedestrians who walk at night should wear reflective clothing and try to walk in well-lighted areas.