- White lane lines separate traffic moving in the same direction.
- Broken white lines allow drivers to cross the white lines when changing lanes or when entering a turn lane.
- Solid white lines separate traffic moving in the same direction; crossing a solid white line requires special care and is discouraged.
- Solid double white lines separate traffic moving in the same direction. Crossing a double solid white line is prohibited.
- Yellow center lines separate traffic moving in opposite directions.
- Broken yellow lines separate single lanes of traffic moving in opposite directions; passing is allowed.
- Solid double yellow lines are used where traffic is moving in opposite directions. The two solid yellow lines mark the center of the roadway.
- You may cross solid yellow lines to make a left turn, but you may not cross a solid yellow line to pass.