- Parking a vehicle (whether occupied or unoccupied) is illegal:
- In front of a public or private driveway.
- Within 15 feet of a fire hydrant.
- Within 20 feet of a fire station driveway or a crosswalk.
- Within 30 feet of a STOP sign, YIELD sign, or traffic control signal.
- Traffic signals must be obeyed unless a police officer or traffic control officer directs otherwise.
- Traffic lights typically feature three colors—red, yellow, and green.
- These lamps are displayed from top to bottom or from left to right, depending on the traffic signal’s design.
- If traffic signals are not illuminated (or if they are flashing red), come to a complete stop, look left and right, and yield the right-of-way before entering the intersection.