- Right-of-way laws help drivers navigate intersections safely as they share the road with other drivers, bicyclists, pedestrians, and other road users.
- When two cars arrive at an intersection at the same time, who goes first?
- Right-of-way laws answer this question and many other questions regarding how drivers interact on the road.
- Let’s look at a few examples.
- When two drivers arrive at a four-way stop intersection at the same time, the driver on the left yields to the driver on the right.
- If the intersection is an uncontrolled intersection (e.g., an intersection without stop signs or yield signs), the same principle applies: the driver on the left yields to the driver on the right.