- Make sure that the mirrors give you the best visibility possible around your vehicle.
- Your inside rear-view mirror should be positioned so that you can see traffic behind you.
- Side mirrors should be positioned so you can see cars driving in the left lane behind you and the right lane behind you so as to minimize the size of the blind spot.
- Don’t position your mirrors so that you can see the side of your car.
- Instead, move the mirrors farther out so that you can see a wide view of the left lane in your left mirror and a wide view of the right lane in your right mirror.