Collisions: Avoiding A Rear-End Collision
- Changing lanes
- Before changing lanes, make sure the lane you are moving into is clear.
- Also, make sure your speed is sufficient so that pulling in front of another car does not cause its driver to brake to avoid hitting you.
- Keep foot on brake pedal – After stopping, continue to keep your foot pressed on the brake pedal to alert others that you have stopped.
- Keep rear lights clean and in working order – Maintain the working order of your brake lights and keep them clean.
- Adjust headrests – Always doing this prior to driving reduces the chance of whiplash in a rear-end collision.