- When you’re driving, don’t match the aggressive driver’s inconsiderate, dangerous behavior.
- Instead, follow these tips:
- Do not retaliate or in any way engage the other driver
- Simply get out of the way
- Do not slam on the brakes in front of a tailgater; doing this will only escalate the situation
- Do not make eye contact.
- Keep your doors locked and your windows up.
- Keep enough space between you and the vehicle in front of you to pull out from behind.
- Do not underestimate a driver’s potential for aggression. The other driver might decide to physically harm you or use his vehicle as a weapon if he or she is prone to aggression.