Multi-lane Highways: Strategies for Reducing Risk
- Avoid driving in the blind spot of a large truck. Large trucks have blind spots in the following zones:
- In front of the cab
- Behind the trailer
- On the left side of the cab and trailer
- On the right side of the cab and trailer
- Avoid becoming part of a “wolf pack” of vehicles.
- When cars are clustered together, the risk of a multi-vehicle collision increases if one car has to change lanes or stop suddenly.
- Instead, be the “lone wolf” with a safety cushion of space around the front, sides, and back of your car.