Young drivers are over-represented in motor vehicle accident statistics because they are inexperienced and lack crucial driving skills and capabilities. After this course you will:
- Ideally get in the habit of using proper rules of the road at all times.
- Learn appropriate content and necessary skills by utilizing curriculum material and provided supplemental materials.
- Be equipped with the skills required to use the highway transportation system in a competent, safe, and responsible manner as a driver, passenger, or pedestrian.
- Recognize potential hazards well in advance.
- Maintain a safe, controlled emotional level while driving.
- Recognize other driver’s error and develop evaluation techniques using the SIPDE and Smith System.
- Receive the defensive driving skills needed to safely operate a vehicle on Illinois roadways.